Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Octogones for October contest winners announced!

1Er January 2009.

Group on Flickr origami tessellations created a contest for the month of October, by asking people to create works octagonal-theme to celebrate our friend eight-sided solitaire and all its creative possibilities.

My deepest apologies to all of your for the delay in the selection and the award winners of this contest - sometimes life has a way to become very busy and sudden two months have gone by in a blink of eye. As penance for two months at the end of my judging, I added a few additional prize in this contest: three participants will receive a Flickr pro membership year!

I thank everyone to participate and contribute to these beautiful illustrations - as many varieties and folding methods, I was really surprised to see the diversity of ideas to play in all of your creations! I think that everyone, who has created something here and share it with the world is winning, and you should all be proud of the artwork you created.

So without further ADO, here are three persons who submitted artwork that I thought were the most compelling:

Andrew Hudson (origami_madness) - Andrew absolutely charriait me further by creating a new part of octagonal art for every single day in October!I never imagined in my wildest that someone would take the contest at this level of creative energy dreams.With the Flickr Pro account I will be also be postal Andrew a special copy of my book with a selection of books from my own collection of studio.Je paper origami tessellations am totally amazed by what he did!There are so many favorites here, and some really surprising new ideas, that there are shared... but here is my three favorite:

Octagons for October #1: Coral Polyps

Octagons for October #6: Water Lily

Octagons for October #21: Columns (5)

Endre Somos (soma0213) - Endre makes a delicious floral octagonal ground that reminded me greatly of illustrations of the grammar of ornament, my most beloved book architectural elements and design .the ' use of visually complex floral design elements with an empty space related structurally enhances the beauty of this illustration.Je am quite fond of this model!

Octagons for October: Octagon Flowers

Octagons for October: Octagon Flowers - back

Carlos Natan López Nazario (Origami Natan) - Natan creates these structures phenomenal tessellation 3-d, which have long fascinated me; but it has really captured my interest with his model "8 Cubes Star", which is my preferred model 3D version of star octagonal absolue.Il also has a larger model from an earlier version, conception "8 Points Star", which is equally delicious.

8 Cubes Star

8 Points Star

8 Points Star

There was more work by friends and members of the group that I also thought was quite merit award:

Almost orange octogones by Yureiko

Almost Orange Octagons for October

Octogones and square twists, by Andrea Russo

Octagons and Squares twists

Octagonal spirals, by Ben Parker

Octagonal Spirals - Full

October blooms by Ilan Garibi

October Blooms

View Dana Hall, by Alexander Soukas

Dana Hall Display - Bottom Shelf

Khatam by Mélisande

Khatam

If you are interested in searching through all submissions to the contest, you can see the following link:

http://www.Flickr.com/Search/Groups/?w=90644975%40N00&q=octagons+for+October&m=pool

He had so many beautiful pieces submitted, I adored all - thank you everyone for participating and sharing your art!

Tags: flickr, octogones, origami, origami tessellations
Posted in art photos, flickr, origami, origami tessellations | comments (0)


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment